Subject: Scrapbooks

Scrapbooks

From: Miriam A. Kilmer <miriam<-at->
Date: Tuesday, March 5, 2013
My business partner and I are going to be putting together a wedding
album for a friend and client.  We will be using ink-jet pigment
dyes, so the paper will have to be glossy to prevent ink transfer.
We are thinking of a scrapbook, because individually printed books
are prohibitively expensive.

I've found scrapbooks with archival paper pages.  We don't want to
use the archival plastic protectors unless we have to because I've
been told those pages encourage the growth of mold.  We're thinking
good old-fashioned photo corners (archival, of course), but I'd like
to add a hinge, or a dab of glue at one edge, for extra security, at
least for the larger photographs.  What is currently the best type
of archival glue for security? Should we use stamp hinges? Better
ideas?

If you know something I don't about the safety of current "archival"
plastic pages, please speak up.

Miriam A. Kilmer
Rising Dove Fine Arts and Services
4503 Hazeltine CT - APT J