Subject: Food and drink in gallery spaces

Food and drink in gallery spaces

From: Brenda Smith <brenda.smith<-at->
Date: Tuesday, March 5, 2013
I am looking for information from institutions that have any policy
regarding allowing drink and/or food in gallery spaces.  With the
current emphasis on "customer service", we seem to be getting more
pressure to allow some form of food and drink in galleries--for
example, for special openings.  Is anyone else out there doing it?
Taking the "based on facts approach" what have the experiences thus
far been. Have they been positive or have there been disasters. Have
people tried "just white wine, sparkling water with stanchions,
etc."

    **** Moderator's comments: This subject has been discussed many
    times before in the DistList.  See
    <http://cool.conservation-us.org/byform/mailing-lists/cdl/>