Subject: AL-4100 boiler treatment

AL-4100 boiler treatment

From: Monona Rossol <actsnyc<-at->
Date: Monday, March 4, 2013
Ingrid Neuman <berkart [at] earthlink__net> writes

>I would like to inquire if anyone is familiar with the qualities of
>a material called AL-4100 which is apparently added as a steam
>boiler treatment.  We are contemplating loaning a glazed oil
>painting on canvas to a well respected and older institution which
>uses AL-4100 in their boiler.  Is there anyone familiar with this
>material who can shed some light on it for me?

It is crucial to get the MSDS on the additive.  DEAE,
Diethylaminoethanol used to be a common one that caused softening of
varnishes and plastic surfaces.

Monona Rossol, M.S., M.F.A.
Industrial Hygienist
President:  Arts, Crafts and Theater Safety, Inc.
Safety Officer: Local USA829, IATSE
181 Thompson St., #23
New York NY 10012

                  Distributed: Friday, March 15, 2013