Subject: Archives and Records Association Annual Conference

Archives and Records Association Annual Conference

From: Mark Allen <mark_allen<-at->
Date: Thursday, February 28, 2013
"Accountability, Culture and Ethics"
Archives and Records Association UK and Ireland
Annual Conference, Conservation Stream
Cardiff
28-30 August 2013

Registration is now open for the ARA conference in Cardiff.  We have
an exciting programme of national and international speakers looking
at the important themes of accountability, culture and ethics and
the role and responsibilities of archivists, records managers and
conservators.  Keynote speakers include Sarah Tyacke, Hillsborough
Independent Panel Member and former Chief Executive of the National
Archives and Tom Adami, Information Management Officer at the United
Nations Mission in Southern Sudan.

The Conservation programme is very exciting this year with most
current issues being addressed and discussed .There are sessions on
the benefits of touch, preservation of museum archives, seal
preservation, the role of ethics in conservation, emergency
planning, practical demonstrations of the repair of photographic
prints, historical and modern sizing of paper, marbling and
decorative papers, assessing the impact of dust in the archives,
case studies and much, much more.

Early Bird Rates are available until 19 April, 2013, so book soon.
More information about speakers and their papers will be available
shortly, and look out for details of the social activities which
will be as lively as the programme itself.

Booking forms and the provisional programme are at

    <URL:http://www.archives.org.uk/ara-conference/the-ara-conference.html>

ARA conferences are about challenging the way we think, swapping
experiences, giving us tools to use in our workplaces and meeting
old friends and new colleagues.  The conference is a real highlight
of ARA?s year so we hope to see you in Cardiff in August 2013.

Mark Allen
ARA conference committee

                   Distributed: Monday, March 4, 2013