Subject: Symposium on museum preservation environment

Symposium on museum preservation environment

From: Sarah Stauderman <staudermans<-at->
Date: Thursday, February 21, 2013
Smithsonian Institution Summit on the Museum Preservation
    Environment
Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Smithsonian Institution presents a one-day symposium and webcast
on the preservation environment.  Learn from experts about the
latest research on the museum preservation environment as well
sustainable museum environment concepts and tips for collaboration
among collections, exhibition, and facilities staff. While this
program is part of an internal discussion at the Smithsonian
regarding strengthening collaboration and collections, we are
sharing the information with our colleagues around the world with a
webcast. The program will also be documented with a publication.

Summit program and webcast live is available at

    <URL:http://www.si.edu/PreservationEnvironment>

Following the one-day symposium, there will be a Smithsonian-only
event where colleagues from the museum, archives, and library field
discuss opportunities for improving Smithsonian approaches to
identifying environmental parameters for collections. This will also
be captured in the publication and disseminated to the museum field.

Sarah Stauderman
Collections Care Manager
Smithsonian Institution Archives
MRC 507