Subject: Position at Hull History Centre

Position at Hull History Centre

From: Brown Christine <christine.brown<-at->
Date: Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Economic Development and Regeneration
Assistant Conservator
Post No: 1061721

Grade: 6 (Scp 23-26)
Salary: UKP20,198-22,221

Hours: 37

Location: Hull History Centre

Fixed Term to 31 December 2013 due to funding

Hull History Centre <URL:http://www.hullhistorycentre.org.uk> is a
partnership between Hull City Council and the University of Hull.
The History Centre preserves and makes accessible archives of local,
national and international importance. We have a strong commitment
to high standards in all aspects of our work.

We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and appropriately skilled
conservator with a professional qualification in archive
conservation to join the busy conservation department.  The workshop
is large and well-equipped and this position provides an opportunity
to work with the Conservation and Preservation Manager in a modern
purpose-built environment on a variety of materials from across the
City and University collections, including paper, maps, books,
parchment and seals. With conservation being a key part of the
History Centre's core functions and activities, there will also be
opportunities to be involved in other aspects of conservation and
preservation work.

You should hold a BA (Hons) in paper conservation, B Tech Higher
diploma in paper conservation, Society of Archivists/ARA certificate
in conservation or equivalent qualification. You should have
experience of work as a qualified professional conservator.

Unfortunately we are unable to accept applications from any
employees who have recently left Hull City Council under the Early
Termination of Employment Scheme.  Those that left under this scheme
are not eligible for re-employment by the Council for a period of 5
years from the date of leaving.

In order to avoid discrimination, the Council does not accept CVs
either on their own or accompanied by a partly completed application
form.

Closing date: 1 March 2013

Shortlisting: w/c 4 March 2013

Interviews: 28 March 2013

For an informal discussion please contact

    Christine Brown
    +44 1482 317503.

Applicants are encouraged to apply for vacancies electronically and
this can be done at

    <URL:http://www.jobsgopublic.com/jobs/assistant-conservator-fea-1061721/from/72hqt1vwvfaou/11/of/14/opening_at/asc>
    at Jobs Go Public

Alternatively please telephone +44 1482 300300 for application
details. The opening hours are Monday-Friday 8am until 7pm and
Saturday 9am until 1pm. Please quote the reference number, job title
and closing date when requesting an application pack.

If you have not received a reply within 4 weeks of the closing date
please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.

Christine Brown
Conservation and Preservation Manager
Hull History Centre
Worship Street