Subject: Emery Records Preservation Company

Emery Records Preservation Company

From: Jane Cullinane <jane.cullinane<-at->
Date: Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Brian Burford <brian.burford [at] sos__nh__gov> writes

>I am looking for information regarding the Emery Record Preservation
>Company of Taunton, Massachusetts. They appear to have been in the
>preservation business at least as early as 1900 and as late as the
>late 1920s. I am interested in knowing what their patented process
>was. ...

The Connecticut State Library embraced the Emery Process. In my
office, I have a box of Emery Process samples from the 1920s or
1930s with unbound samples of photostat, documents mounted in a
frame with and without silking, split paper and various treatments
for maps. The library also produced a booklet called: History,
progress and work of the Emery Record Preserving Co., Taunton,
Mass., in connection with the public records of our land

    <URL>http://www.consuls.org:80/record=b3338303~S1>

We also have the booklet you mentioned: Preservation of records.

    <URL:http://www.consuls.org:80/record=b1710194~S1>

Have your local library get in touch with our Interlibrary Loan
folks, who will check and see if we can make a copy of the booklets

    <URL:http://www.consuls.org/record=b1710194~S1>

Jane F. Cullinane
Preservation and Digital Projects Librarian
Connecticut State Library
231 Capitol Ave.
Hartford CT 06106-1537
860-757-6524