Subject: Emery Records Preservation Company

Emery Records Preservation Company

From: Brian Burford <brian.burford<-at->
Date: Thursday, February 7, 2013
I am looking for information regarding the Emery Record Preservation
Company of Taunton, Massachusetts. They appear to have been in the
preservation business at least as early as 1900 and as late as the
late 1920s. I am interested in knowing what their patented process
was. The NH State Archives has several volumes by them, and the work
appears to be stabile and durable. But I would like to know what
they did and how they did it to the records.

I have learned a little from other state archivists, and when I
Google the company name, I find this (which I am trying to obtain a
copy of):

    Title:      Preservation of Records: Emery Process (patented):
                Restoring and Preserving Record Books, Charts, Maps,
                Parchments Etc., Expert Work on Ancient Records,
                Collating of Letters, Papers, Etc., Mounting of Maps
                and Plans, Special Bindings, Engrossing