Subject: Refrigerators for storing acetate film materials

Refrigerators for storing acetate film materials

From: Ian Gibb <ian.gibb<-at->
Date: Thursday, January 24, 2013
We are investigating using a fridge (sold for laboratory use) set at
2 deg. C for long-term storage of our archive collection of
acetate negatives and photographs, whilst still allowing access.
Does anyone have experience of using this method that they could
comment on?  Is there any institution in the London area using this
method, which we could visit to see the conditions achieved?

Dr Ian Gibb
Conservation Scientist
Hampton Court Palace
Historic Royal Palaces

                Distributed: Wednesday, February 6, 2013