Subject: Petition about rights of Croatian conservator-restorers

Petition about rights of Croatian conservator-restorers

From: Goran Budija <goran.budija<-at->
Date: Friday, January 25, 2013
If you are willing, please sign my petition for equalization of
rights of conservator restorers employed in museums with rights of
conservator restorers employed in the Croatian Conservation
Institute (HRZ) or privately/self-employed.  The petition is located
at:

    <URL:http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Equalize_the_rights_of_the_conservator_restorers/?kxSzSab>

and will be addressed to the Croatian Ministry of Culture and the
Croatian Prime Minister.  My name is Goran Budija, I am 52 year old,
metals conservator-restorer from Croatia.  The Croatian Ministry of
Culture for many years has refused  to equalize the rights of
Conservator restorers employed in museums with rights of
conservator-restorers employed in Croatian Conservation Institute.

I have 11 years of service, and during that time have published
articles on metals conservation which are not recognized as official
service and works required for obtaining the senior title.  However
my published works are part of compulsory literature for the state
examination for metal conservator-restorers both at the Croatian
Conservation Institute and museums.  I sent a number of e-mail
messages to two former ministers of culture and the current Minister
of Culture and Prime Minister too, but without any specific answers,
and when I got the response it was heap of bureaucratic nonsense.

Briefly, they use a very simple way of "solving" aforementioned
problem--by ignoring it.  Please note that I am not the only one who
suffers consequences of that, but others believe that it is better
to keep quiet about it and that this is not the only problem
connected with conservator-restorers employed in museums, solved by
Ministry of Culture in such way.

So if you want to sign the petition, please do it.

If you want to, please copy the petition and send it as a signed
e-mail to the Croatian Minister of Culture, and Croatian Prime
Minister. Please be polite if you are adding any additional
comments.

If you wish, please forward the petition to all
conservator-restorers that you know.

Goran Budija
Metals conservator restorer
Museum of Arts and Crafts Zagreb Croatia

                 Distributed: Tuesday, January 29, 2013