Subject: Position at Science Museum, London

Position at Science Museum, London

From: Emma Duggan <emma.duggan<-at->
Date: Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Collections Care Conservator
Science Museum, London

6 Month Fixed Term Contract

Salary UKP22,970 (+UKP1000 RWA) per annum pro rata

Closing date 20 January 2013
Interview date TBC

The Science Museum is world renowned for its historic collections,
awe-inspiring galleries and inspirational exhibitions. Blythe House
is the Museum's storage facility for small objects. The Science
Museum is seeking an enthusiastic individual to preserve objects in
the care of the Science Museum and care for the collections.

This includes environmental monitoring, Insect Pest Management (IPM)
and working with a team to improve the environment where able. The
role involves ensuring that deterioration is minimised through
relevant preventive conservation methods and that the collection is
preserved to the appropriate high professional standards.

You will provide supervision and general Health and Safety support
to our volunteers and conservation interns at Blythe House, object
awareness training for colleagues working with the collection and
actively participate in storage compression and improvement
programmes.

You will need to be aware of hazard management procedures associated
with historical objects and have a good knowledge of Health and
Safety, including safe use of chemicals for lab safety and
collections management.

For further information about SMG, details on how to apply and a
full job description, please visit

    <URL:http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/about_us>

We welcome applications from all sections of the community in which
we work.  We particularly welcome applications from people with
disabilities and we guarantee interviews to suitably qualified
disabled applicants.

Supported by the National Lottery through the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Emma Duggan
Conservation and Collections Care Manager, Blythe House
Science Museum
Blythe House
23, Blythe Road
London W14 0QX