Subject: Dino-Lite digital microscope

Dino-Lite digital microscope

From: Andreas Schwabe <a.schwabe<-at->
Date: Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Anna Johnson <annalouisejohnson [at] gmail__com> writes

>Does anyone have any experience with the Dino-Lite long-working
>distance models and/or the new 5 megapixel models? We would be
>grateful for any comments on focus, depth of field and image
>quality.

About a year ago, we purchased a dino-lite microscope with a normal
working distance.  Earlier, we had tested a dino-lite microscope
with a long working distance.  The problem of long working distance
is the integrated lighting, which is not sufficient for this
configuration. Moreover, the image quality was not very good.
Therefore, we favoured the normal working distance, which is
sufficiently large for our needs.

As a result we opted for the AM4013MT FVW with visible and UV light.
We use the microscope e.g. for examination of paintings and stone
objects in situ.

Andreas Schwabe
Wissenschaftlicher Angestellter
Rathgen-Forschungslabor
Staatliche Museen zu Berlin - Preussischer Kulturbesitz
Schlossstrasse 1a
14059 Berlin
+49 30 266 42 71 32
Fax: +49 30 266 42 71 10