Subject: Dino-Lite digital microscope

Dino-Lite digital microscope

From: Anna Johnson <annalouisejohnson<-at->
Date: Monday, December 17, 2012
We are considering investing in a Dino-Lite digital microscope for
examination and repair of fragile manuscript material at Cambridge
University Library. Its main application will be examination of
manuscript inks and consolidation of flaking inks under
magnification.

Does anyone have any experience with the Dino-Lite long-working
distance models and/or the new 5 megapixel models? We would be
grateful for any comments on focus, depth of field and image
quality.

Anna Johnson
Book and Paper Conservator
Cambridge University Library