Subject: Survey on collaged works on canvas

Survey on collaged works on canvas

From: Snow Fain <snowefain<-at->
Date: Sunday, December 16, 2012
I am a Masters student at Northumbria University in Newcastle Upon
Tyne, UK.  I am currently researching for my dissertation with the
working title "Condition Reports for Collaged Works on Canvas".

I am researching the history of collaged works and how these works
are examined in a museum setting.  Would you mind taking some time
to fill out this nine question survey on how condition reports are
completed for mixed media pieces?

Within my dissertation, I am defining a condition report as "a
written report of an examination of the verso and recto of the
object".  My case study is Juan Gris' The Sunblind from 1914 which
is gouache, collage, chalk and charcoal on canvas.  I will not be
discussing treatment of the works, but I will discuss general
concerns regarding conserving a collaged work on canvas.  The survey
takes less than 15 minutes to complete and can be accessed by the
link below.

    <URL:http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KVG3GSX>

One of the questions in the survey asks if you are willing to share
a condition report of a collaged work within your collection.  If
this is possible, the condition report will be used for this
dissertation only.  It is solely for academic purposes and will not
be shared or used for any other reason.  Please email me at email
address below if you have work to share.

Thank you in advance for your time, and I greatly appreciate your
input for my research.  Have a wonderful holiday.

    Snow Fain
    snow.fain<-at->northumbria<.>ac<.>uk

                 Distributed: Monday, December 17, 2012