Subject: Pro Haze Fluid

Pro Haze Fluid

From: Thomas Dixon <dixon-tom<-at->
Date: Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Kjersti Ellewsen <kjersti.ellewsen [at] ra__no> writes

>I have had a question from a church about Pro Haze Fluid, also
>called Techno-Haze Fluid, manufactured by Jem. A TV-company wants to
>use the synthetic smoke when recording a concert in a listed church
>with valuable church art.
>
>The smoke contains food grade glycols and polyglycols in
>de-mineralised water. Being of low volatility, I wonder if any of
>the substances will deposit on the fragile decorated surfaces.

I managed to circumvent the issue because we had a VESDA (Very Early
Smoke Detection Array) system which we couldn't turn off due to fire
safety requirements and at the time, some years ago now, the minimum
charge for the fire brigade attendance at a false alarm was $3,500.
I created a waiver form for those wanting to use smoke effects in
our building for fashion shows and the like where they signed and
accepted liability for any and all costs associated should their
smoke set off the alarm which would summon the fire brigade. I
explained the workings of the system in detail and in the dozen or
so years this was an issue though many inquired, none ever signed
off and went ahead to use the smoke.

Tom Dixon
Melbourne Australia

                 Distributed: Monday, December 17, 2012