Subject: Examples of inorganic objects deteriorated by VOCs sought

Examples of inorganic objects deteriorated by VOCs sought

From: Alice Paterakis <alicepaterakis<-at->
Date: Friday, December 7, 2012
    author.

I am looking for examples of inorganic objects that have
deteriorated as a result of exposure to VOCs, specifically formic
and acetic acid. If you have identified acetate or formate compounds
in salts or corrosion on inorganic materials please send a short
description with photo for inclusion in the upcoming publication
that is sponsored by a FAIC/Samuel H. Kress Conservation Publication
Fellowship grant.

    Volatile Organic Compounds and the Conservation of Inorganic
    Materials

Related storage and conservation treatment information would also be
very valuable. In particular I am looking for examples of shell,
coral, stone, fossil, mineral, glass, and metals other than
copper/copper alloys. I am more than willing to apply for copyright
permissions if required.

Please contact:

    Alice Boccia Paterakis, PhD
    Director of Conservation
    Kaman-Kalehsoyuk, Yassihoyuk, and Buklukale Excavations
    Japanese Institute of Anatolian Archaeology
    Kaman, Kirsehir, Turkey
    Mobile (USA) 310-903-3884
    alicepaterakis<-at->yahoo<.>com

                 Distributed: Monday, December 10, 2012