Subject: Glue Dots

Glue Dots

From: Renita Ryan <ryan.renita<-at->
Date: Friday, November 30, 2012
I am wondering if anyone knows what Glue Dots are made from? And is
this stuff appropriate for use next to collection material? For
anyone not familiar with Glue Dots, they are the adhesives often
used to adhere free giveaways to the front of magazines, and are
readily removable.  They come in a range of tack.   I can see
potential for their use in display and mounting of objects, for
example where Quake Wax would mark a porous surface, Glue Dots may
be suitable.  Has anyone ever done any testing of Glue Dots or using
them in exhibition mounting or for other conservation purposes?

Renita Ryan
Principal Conservator, Objects
70 Kintore Ave
Adelaide 5000