Subject: Position at Historic Royal Palaces

Position at Historic Royal Palaces

From: Kerren Harris <kerren.harris<-at->
Date: Friday, November 23, 2012
Textile Treatment Conservator
Hampton Court Palace
Historic Royal Palaces

Full time

Closing date: 10 December 2012

Pay Range: 9 UKP22,646

Once upon a time, it was royalty who admired the magnificent objects
within the five historic royal palaces. Today, it is visitors who
come to discover the fascinating stories behind these unique
exhibits. To save these priceless artefacts for future generations,
we need someone to join our team of highly skilled textile
conservators

Having attended a recognised conservation training programme (or
equivalent), you'll have an in-depth understanding of the techniques
involved in conservation treatments and you'll have the ability to
take on hands-on treatment projects as required in our textile
treatment teams: Tapestry, Furnishings and Costume and General
Textiles.

You will be part of a team and report to the Treatment Conservation
Supervisor. Working with extremely fragile objects both in the
studio and within the palaces, you must be able to work at heights.
Based at Hampton Court Palace you may be required to travel to our
other palaces on occasion.

Historic Royal Palaces endorses the Icon PACR accreditation scheme.

Historic Royal Palaces is a registered charity (No 1068852) and an
equal opportunities employer. Applications are welcome from all
candidates regardless of sex, racial, ethnic or national origin,
disability, age, sexuality or responsibilities for dependants. We
value a diverse workforce and celebrate our differences.

Find out more and apply by visiting

    <URL:http://www.hrp.org.uk>

                Distributed: Tuesday, November 27, 2012