Subject: Survey on selection for preservation--addendum

Survey on selection for preservation--addendum

From: Jennifer Hain Teper <jhain<-at->
Date: Friday, November 9, 2012
I neglected in my first post to set a closing date for the survey
let this message serve as both a reminder and an official notice of
the closing date.  The survey will close Wednesday, November 14,
2012 CST at midnight

I encourage you to participate to give back the most meaningful
results. To date, we have received 29 responses, but I know there
are *lots* more of you preservation management folks out there.

The survey is part of a research project investigating the current
trends in selection of library materials for preservation and/or
conservation treatment including repair, reformatting (for
preservation purposes) and enclosures in light of the current
availability of digital surrogates and other institutional holdings.
Participants from research libraries working within preservation
programs are encouraged to participate in an anonymous, online
survey at:

    <URL:http://go.library.illinois.edu/preservation_selection>

    **** Moderator's comments: For details about the survey see
    Conservation DistList Instance: 26:23 Wednesday, October 31,
    2012,
    <URL:http://cool.conservation-us.org/byform/mailing-lists/cdl/>

Jennifer Hain Teper
Head, Preservation and Conservation Units
University of Illinois Libraries
jhain [at] illinois__edu
217-244-5689
(Conservation Office)