Subject: Call for papers--Our Modern: Re-appropriating Vulnerable 20th century Heritage

Call for papers--Our Modern: Re-appropriating Vulnerable 20th century Heritage

From: Sagita Mirjam Sunara <sagita.sunara<-at->
Date: Friday, November 9, 2012
Announcement and call for papers

"Our Modern: Re-appropriating Vulnerable 20th century Heritage"

Inter-University Center, Dubrovnik
University of Dubrovnik
Institute of Art History
Center Cvito Fiskoviv in Split
Arts Academy of the University of Split

Dubrovnik, Croatia, May 21-24, 2013

This conference,  invites architects, conservators, conservation
scientists, art historians, curators and other parties involved in
the process of preservation, conservation, renovation or
transformation of the 20th century Heritage to reflect upon the
theme: "Our Modern: Re-appropriating Vulnerable 20th century
Heritage".

The conference is jointly organized by

    Inter-University Center, Dubrovnik (IUC)
    University of Dubrovnik
    Institute of Art History-Center Cvito Fiskovicin Split
    Arts Academy of the University of Split

The concept of the 20th century Heritage is being challenged in the
present age of new intellectual, social, ecological and economical
circumstances. What can be labelled as cultural heritage in 20th
century? Which objects make valuable contribution to our identity
and history? How can public awareness about new forms of cultural
heritage be increased? The proposed theme gives an opportunity to
discuss the 20th century Heritage from a holistic point of view.
Conference sessions will cover the following areas: urban,
architectural, fine arts, photographic and audiovisual heritage.

For more details please visit:

    <URL:http://iuc.hr/conference-details.php?id=212>

                 Distributed: Monday, November 12, 2012