Subject: Position at Historic Royal Palaces

Position at Historic Royal Palaces

From: Constantina Vlachou <constantina.vlachou<-at->
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Conservation Technician (Maternity Cover)
Historic Royal Palaces

Part time 3 days per week
6 months with possible extension

Historic Royal Palaces (HRP) is the independent charity that looks
after the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, the Banqueting
House at Whitehall, Kensington Palace and Kew Palace, as well as an
amazing historical collection.

That's where our Conservation and Collection Care (CCC) department
comes in. Our job is to ensure everyone can explore the story of how
monarchs and people have shaped society, in some of the greatest
palaces ever built.

Responsible for the treatment and care of the historic collections
and decorative features, the CCC team comprises preventive and
treatment conservators together with conservation scientists. Join
them and you'll play a key role in running our highly professional
technical service.

Chiefly, we'll look to you to:

    Perform yarn and fabric dyeing to exacting standards for use in
    conservation treatments

    Assist in the preparation of conservation support materials for
    a wide range of textile treatments, laboratory work and
    preventive conservation operations

    Cost-effectively manage budgets for conservation materials,
    laboratory supplies and laundry contracts.

Educated to A level standard, you'll need to have good understanding
of the chemistry involved in the dyeing process, demonstrate a high
degree of accuracy and attention to detail.

Pay Range:  UKP19,977 pro rata

Closing date: 23 November 2012

Interviews:w/c 10 December 2012

Find out more and apply by visiting

    <URL:http://www.hrp.org.uk/recruitment>

Historic Royal Palaces is an equal opportunities employer and truly
values a diverse workforce.  Applications are welcome from
candidates regardless of their background.

Dr Constantina Vlachou-Mogire
Senior Conservation Scientist
Conservation and Collection Care
Historic Royal Palaces
Hampton Court Palace
Surrey KT8 9AU
UK
+44 203166 6458
Mobile: +44 7920138854

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 31, 2012