Subject: Colorimeters

Colorimeters

From: Alexandra Greathead <alexandra.greathead<-at->
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2012
We are considering the purchase of a colourimeter as a method of
recording colour changes for objects regularly displayed in house
and on loan.  As I have not used one with any regularity for nearly
20 years I am rather out of date and have found I only have
questions when researching the instruments.  I would like to hear
from anyone who uses a colourimeter, with particular reference to
works of art on paper though not exclusively.  It would be
interesting to know the make and model and your own experience with
regard to the the pros and cons.

Alexandra Greathead
Paper Conservation
Ashmolean Museum of Art and Archaeology
University of Oxford
Beaumont Street
Oxford OX1 2PH
+44 1865 278047

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 31, 2012