Subject: Tyvek enclosures

Tyvek enclosures

From: Kathleen Mullen <kathleen.mullen<-at->
Date: Monday, October 22, 2012
We are looking into intermediate options in between shrink wrapping
and custom boxing for portions of our bound newspaper collections.
Tyvek envelopes or wrappers seem to be one potential solution,
though I welcome other suggestions.  We have two Tyvek enclosure
related questions: The largest standard, ungummed, Tyvek envelope I
have found commercially available is that 11 inches x 16 inches with
a 3 inch gusset. Is anyone aware of larger readily available Tyvek
envelopes? Has anyone devised a clever method of closing a soft
wrapper that does not involve sealing with velcoins or tying with
cloth tape?

Katie Mullen
Preservation Coordinator,
Library-Archives