Subject: Leather samples sought

Leather samples sought

From: Caitlin Mahony <caitlinmahony<-at->
Date: Tuesday, October 9, 2012
I am a graduate student at the UCLA/Getty Conservation Program doing
a comparative analysis of consolidants used for red rot
deterioration on leather. I am seeking expendable samples of leather
with red rot for inclusion in the study. I am also interested in
including Pliantex in my tests. I know that it was used successfully
by conservators as a consolidant but was then removed from the
market, and I am wondering if anyone has a supply in their lab and
wouldn't mind sharing about 100 mL. Shipping costs will be
reimbursed.

Caitlin Mahony

                Distributed: Saturday, October 13, 2012