Subject: Global photograph preservation projects

Global photograph preservation projects

From: Douglas W. Nishimura <dwnpph<-at->
Date: Monday, October 8, 2012
This request for help is posted on behalf of Debra Hess Norris with
regard to global photograph preservation collaborative projects. The
information is for a talk to be given in New Zealand in 2013, but
will also be used to make a case for further support for such
projects.

    I am gathering information on global photograph preservation
    projects that have been conducted during the past five years.
    This information will be uploaded onto an interactive Google Map
    and shared during our 2013 PMG/ICOM-CC meeting in New Zealand.
    Can you please submit this information by November 1 as it will
    take time to compile and upload?

    I would like to capture as many initiatives as possible that
    involve at least two countries and two collaborating
    institutions, agencies, or individuals, etc.  In an effort to
    keep things simple, can you please send me the following
    information for each of your initiatives:

    Location: City/Country

    Project Title

    Type of Project (preventive care or education and training or
    treatment and documentation or research and analysis)

    Engagement Dates
    Collaborators (agencies, institutions, etc.)
    Funders (if relevant)
    Project's Primary Goal (one sentence or so only)

    The resultant map will demonstrate the reach of our profession
    and pressing needs. I aim to share it with decision makers
    worldwide, including the US State Department. And I hope to
    secure funding to advance some of this work further.

    Many thanks for your help with this; I will need feedback from
    all to fully represent our collective work in photograph
    preservation to date.

    Debra Hess Norris
    Henry Francis DuPont Chair of Fine Arts
    Chair and Professor, Art Conservation Department
    University of Delaware
    302-831-3696

On behalf of Debbie, thank you for your help.

Douglas Nishimura
Image Permanence Institute
Rochester Institute of Technology

                Distributed: Saturday, October 13, 2012