Subject: Position at Icon

Position at Icon

From: Alison Richmond <arichmond<-at->
Date: Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Training Manager
Icon, the Institute of Conservation
London

Responsible to: Professional Development Manager
Responsible for: Training Officer

Fixed Term Contract: November 2012 to June 2015
Hours: Part-time, 28 hours per week

Salary: UKPUKP30,900 per annum pro rata

Closing Date: 12 noon on 19 October 2012

Since 2006, Icon has managed the UK-wide conservation Training
Bursary Scheme funded with a UKP149M grant from the Heritage Lottery
Fund. In May 2012, Icon was awarded a grant increase of UKP968,800
to support the delivery of 36 additional internships over three
years. Icon continues to seek external funding to support additional
internships.

Icon has also developed a Conservation Technician's Qualification, a
level-3 qualification delivered and assessed in the workplace by
participating employers. Icon is currently rolling out this
programme.

You will be part of a small team committed to building on Icon's
achievements in professional standards development, education and
training. You will manage the delivery of Icon's established
programmes of supported work-based learning: Icon Internships and
Icon's Conservation Technician Qualification (CTQ). A full-time
Training Officer will support you in this role.

This post is supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Icon is the UK's leading voice for the conservation of our precious
cultural heritage. We raise awareness of the cultural, social and
economic value of caring for our heritage and champion high
standards of conservation.

Icon is a charity. The support of our members, partners, donors and
sponsors is critical to our ability to represent the conservation
profession and those who support our aims.

For a job description and information about how to apply, please
visit

    <URL:http://www.icon.org.uk>

where you will find an application form and instructions.

Alison Richmond, ACR FIIC
Chief Executive
+44 20 3142 6799
+44 7949 787701