Subject: Chairs for use in conservation work

Chairs for use in conservation work

From: Antoinette Dwan <adwan<-at->
Date: Monday, September 24, 2012
Katherine Holbrow <kholbrow [at] asianart__org> writes

>Can anyone recommend a chair that offers support when working over
>flat or small conservation projects? I have seen some with a front
>support, for example, that you can lean on.  Do they work for
>conservation?

This year I had an ergonomic consultant visit my lab. At her
suggestion I purchased the HAG Capisco chair. It has a front rest
where you can lean and it gives some support while forward leaning
to work. However, get the flat seat rather than the saddle seat or
you can't use the chair for front support. When I had the consultant
come and "fit" the chair, she recommended an additional insert of
towel or foam for my chest so alignment is better. It is a
Scandinavian chair and the best I could locate with careful looking,
but not perfect. The consultant also recommended I use an angled
table which does work for more projects than I had anticipated even
with weights on tears. I do recommend an ergonomic consultant who
can make many valuable suggestions for lab work.

Antoinette Dwan

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 25, 2012