Subject: Replacement for Araldite AV1253

Replacement for Araldite AV1253

From: Robert Proctor <robert<-at->
Date: Friday, September 21, 2012
We have been using Araldite AV1253 carvable epoxy for replicating
missing frame ornaments but are concerned by the warning stating
"this product contains chemicals known to the State of California to
cause cancer". One product I have found through a quick Google
search is Abatron WoodEpox which clams to be "Greenguard Certified".
Can anyone recommend this or any other product as a substitute for
Araldite?

Robert Proctor
Whitten and Proctor Fine Art Conservation
1236 Studewood Street
Houston, TX 77008
713-426-0191 (phone/fax)

                Distributed: Sunday, September 23, 2012