Subject: Workshop on advocacy for collection care

Workshop on advocacy for collection care

From: Caroline Peach <caroline.peach<-at->
Date: Monday, September 17, 2012
Who cares? Advocating collection care British Library Preservation
Advisory Centre and Archives and Records Association (UK and
Ireland) joint event 8 November 2012

"I know what we need to do, but nobody's listening to me" "Our
budget is being cut--how do I show the value of what we do?" "I
can't do it all on my own--how do I raise awareness of collection
care and get more people involved?"

If this sounds familiar or if you're having difficulty getting your
message across, then this is the workshop for you. Advocacy is all
about communication. You need to be clear about what you want to
achieve, your message, and who you want to hear it.

This workshop explores how to build a persuasive, relevant and
interesting case for collection care. It uses examples and
experience from libraries and archives, discusses strategies for
effective communication, and provides tips on monitoring and
evaluating success.

Speakers:

    Marie Owens
    Head of Public Affairs
    Archives and Records Association (UK and Ireland)

    Caroline Peach
    Head of Preservation Advisory Centre
    The British Library

    Susan Adams
    Head of Advocacy
    The British Library

    Lara Artemis
    Parliamentary Archives

    Heather Stanley, PRONI Lizzie
    Neville, PZ Conservation

Venue: British Library Centre for Conservation, The British
Library, 96 Euston Road, London NW1 2DB Cost: UKP100 + VAT Special
rate for ARA members UKP60 + VAT Full programme and booking
information:

    <URL:http://www.bl.uk/blpac/advocacy.html>

Caroline Peach
Head of Preservation Advisory Centre