Subject: Call for papers--Users' Group for Mass Spectrometry and Chromatography (MaSC)

Call for papers--Users' Group for Mass Spectrometry and Chromatography (MaSC)

From: Catherine Higgitt <chiggitt<-at->
Date: Monday, September 17, 2012
Call for Papers
Sixth MaSC Workshop and Meeting
University of Pisa, Italy
3-7 June 2013

We are pleased to announce the sixth MaSC Workshop and Meeting which
will be held at the Pisa University. The Workshop will be held
Monday-Tuesday 3-4 and Friday 7 June; the Meeting Wednesday-Thursday
5-6 June, 2012.

Workshop:

The University of Pisa, Italy, will host the Sixth MaSC Workshop on
3rd, 4th and 7 June 2013 isabelle.brajer<-at->natmus<.>dk June, 2013,

Jointly organised by the SCIBEC research group at the Department of
Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry and the MaSC committee.

The workshop will be limited to 15 participants.

The three-day workshop will focus on liquid chromatography
(HPLC-DAD) and HPLC mass spectrometry (HPLC-ESI-Q-ToF) with emphases
on the identification/characterisation of (synthetic and natural)
organic pigments and dyestuffs, proteins and oil media. The workshop
will consist of lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on training.
More details are available on the MaSC website

    <URL:http://www.mascgroup.org>

The workshop is broken up in two sessions for practical (sample
preparation and analysis) reasons; we hope the participants will
also stay for the meeting!

Those wishing to attend are requested to submit a short paragraph
describing how they would benefit from the workshop along with the
registration form. The registration fee for the workshop will be
around Euro300, but we are looking for ways to bring the costs down.
Details will be announced and the registration form posted at
<URL:http://www.mascgroup.org> www.mascgroup.org as soon as they are
finalised and will be sent by email to those who register interest
in the workshop.

More details about both the workshop and meeting and how to register
are attached and further information will be available from November
1, 2013 on the MaSC website

Meeting:

The MaSC meeting will be held at the Auditorium dell'Opera della
Primaziale Pisana, Pisa, 5-6 June, 2013 and will comprise
discussions and presentations on a variety of chromatographic and
mass spectrometric techniques and their application to the study of
art and cultural artefacts. Contributions on HPLC and LCMS
techniques are encouraged although we welcome presentations on a
broad range of topics. We hope to create a collegial atmosphere for
the exchange of ideas, and so presentations and discussions of work
in progress are welcomed.

Those interested in presenting a paper or poster should submit a 150
word abstract to masc2013<-at->mascgroup<.>org.

Questions can be forwarded to the local organisers, c/o Ilaria
Bonaduce or MaSC committee, Klaas Jan van den Berg
<masc2013<-at->mascgroup<.>org>

The deadline for submission of abstracts is 31 January 2013.

The registration fee for the meeting will be around Euro200 but we
are trying to find ways to reduces costs. Details will be announced
and the registration form posted on the MaSC website by November 1,
2012.

6th MaSC Workshop and Meeting local organising committee: Ilaria
Bonaduce, Maria Perla Colombini and the SCIBEC research group

MaSC Committee: Christopher Maines, Klaas Jan van den Berg, Ester
Ferreira, Catherine Higgitt and Ken Sutherland

                Distributed: Sunday, September 23, 2012