Subject: Position at the National Trust

Position at the National Trust

From: Sarah Taylor <sarah.taylor<-at->
Date: Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Conservator
National Trust

IRC2068

To find out more and apply for this exciting role with the National
Trust please visit <URL:http://bit.ly/TcZXyS>.

Closing date for applications is 5 October 2012.

About the role: We look after one of the finest, most comprehensive
historic collections in the world. We want all our visitors to enjoy
the illuminating, often surprising stories that lie beneath the
surface of our spaces, places and objects. Based at our Clumber
Office, and covering an area including Derbyshire, Notts, Lincs and
Staffs, you'll be part of the National Trust Consultancy working
with colleagues on a fascinating variety of historical collections
and interiors. As well as sharing your conservation expertise,
you'll have lots of new ideas on interpretation, presentation and
exciting ways of bringing collections and interiors to life. By
focusing on the big picture, by sharing ideas, insight and
expertise, you'll help us to achieve our bold ambition of balancing
conservation requirements with visitor access needs.

Whilst initially based at Clumber Park, please note that the office
will be relocating to Hardwick Hall (Doe Lea, Chesterfield,
Derbyshire) in 2013.

About you: You're an enthusiastic, knowledgeable conservation
expert. Someone who shares our aims and ambitions and understands
the balance of conservation and visitor access. Someone who'll
challenge conventional thinking and be proactive in championing bold
ideas. More than anything, you'll be passionate about making our
properties, places and collections ever more relevant and engaging
for our diverse audience. You'll need to be professionally qualified
and accredited, with an in-depth understanding of the latest
preventive and remedial conservation tools and techniques. We'd also
like you to have practical experience of providing an effective
consultancy service and you'll feel confident interpreting data and
using your findings to help influence colleagues.

                Distributed: Saturday, September 8, 2012