Subject: Survey on vinyl phonograph records

Survey on vinyl phonograph records

From: Sophie Rowe <sophielouiserowe<-at->
Date: Tuesday, August 14, 2012
I am running a survey as part of my MA dissertation at University
College London which centers around the conservation and
preservation of vinyl records.

I am looking to contact those working at museums, archives and
libraries which have vinyl records as part of their collections (no
matter how few) to understand the current conservation and
preservation procedures employed across these institutions, as well
as understanding the issues in the conservation and preservation of
vinyl records as both objects and carriers of sound. The
questionnaire therefore looks at preventive and remedial
conservation procedures, digitisation and access for users.

It should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete and any

If you are willing to be involved, please see the questionnaire:

    <URL:https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6LGWHKC>

This will be active until 19 August 2012.

If you would like any further information from me regarding the
project, or have further comments which you would like to pass on,
please do not hesitate to contact me via email at
sophie.rowe.11<-at->ucl<.>ac<.>uk

Sophie Rowe.
MA student, Principles of Conservation
Institute of Archaeology, UCL