Subject: Seminar on BSI PD5454

Seminar on BSI PD5454

From: Chris Woods <conservation<-at->
Date: Thursday, August 16, 2012
Colleagues may be interested in attending one of our series of free
seminars aimed at letting professionals know about the revised
British Standards publication PD5454:2012 Guide for the Storage and
Exhibition of Archival Materials.

This new document is a full revision of the old BS5454:2000 and its
sister PD0024, both of which are now withdrawn.  A new European
standard, currently under construction, will replace it once
completed in approximately 2016.

The autumn series of seminars follows on from a very successful
summer series in London, Falmouth, Lincoln, Glasgow and Aberystwyth.
The autumn seminars will be as follows:

    Birmingham

    Bangor

    Liverpool

    Oxford 8
    November, 2012

    Cardiff 19
    November, 2012

    London 29
    November, 2012

If you would like to attend, please send an expression of interest
to pd5454<-at->fastmail<.>fm We will write to the groups of interested
people to provide information about timing and venue etc.

Chris Woods
Director, National Conservation Service
Chairman BS IDT/02/09 committee for 5454

Director
National Conservation Service
21 Albemarle Street
Mayfair