Subject: Position at West Lake Conservators Ltd.

Position at West Lake Conservators Ltd.

From: Susan S. Blakney <sueblakney<-at->
Date: Thursday, August 9, 2012
Paintings conservator
Objects conservator
West Lake Conservators, Ltd.

<URL:http://www.westlakeconservators.com>

West Lake Conservators, Ltd. announces a search for two full-time,
mid-level (Associate) Conservators.

Paintings Conservator

    Our paintings practice is the largest division and includes the
    whole range of painted surfaces, from municipal murals to small
    painted objects:  A significant portion is easel paintings by
    American artists.  This position requires experience with
    historic and contemporary art.

Objects Conservator

    Our objects practice predominately frames, gilt surfaces and
    painted works now requires a generalist able to take on work in
    a range of media, including but not limited gilt surfaces and
    frames, problem solving with mixed media works, to out-door
    works. Special knowledge of frames would be particularly
    welcome.

The conservator will be responsible for treatment proposals as well
as hands-on work and project management including oversight of
technicians or interns chosen to work with you. Both positions
require independent problem solving ability, strong oral and written
communication skills and a willingness to undertake aesthetic and
technical research. Demonstrated management skills are a plus. Some
travel and onsite work may be required.

Requirements:  An advanced degree in art conservation or the
equivalent, with a specialization in the relevant sub-discipline.
More than five years' experience as a conservator, with work in both
institutional and private venues strongly recommended. Please note:
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.

West Lake Conservators, Ltd (est. 1975) is a mixed-specialty
practice with a national clientele, located in the Finger Lakes
region of New York State. In addition to generous benefits, we offer
employees a collaborative work environment with room for personal
and professional growth.

To apply: Please submit a letter that outlines your experience,
career goals and salary requirements to

    Susan Blakney
    Chief Conservator
    West Lake Conservators, Ltd.