Subject: Adhesive for photographs

Adhesive for photographs

From: Corinna Herrmann <corinna.herrmann<-at->
Date: Monday, August 6, 2012
In our institution the major part of the photographic collection is
open to the public. In order to facilitate the search for objects,
each photo is glued to a board along one edge. The boards are
standing vertically in filing boxes.

Presently our glue is the glue stick by Herma, which is supposedly
acid and solvent free. The gluing is done--for budget reasons--by
volunteers.

Since I cannot find out the ingredients of the glue stick, I would
prefer another product. The product will have to be photo-safe, easy
to apply, stored at room temperature, and available in Germany or at
least Europe. Any ideas?

Corinna Herrmann
Institut fur Stadtgeschichte
Restaurierungswerkstatt