Subject: Ducted fume hood

Ducted fume hood

From: Maureen K. Sharp <msharp<-at->
Date: Thursday, August 9, 2012
We are looking at ducted fume hoods for a new book conservation lab,
and would like recommendations for smaller fume hoods, as our space
is quite confined, at 16 feet by 22 feet.  We will be using it for
spray deacidification, working with moldy items, and occasional use
with chemicals for tape removal, etc.

We are considering the Cole-Parmer model #EW-33731-00, 115 VAC/60
Hz.  It is 30 inches wide, 26 inches deep and 45 inches tall.  Does
anyone have experience or knowledge about this company or fume hood?
Do you have one in a comparable size you have found to be easy to
work with?

Maureen Sharp
Collections Conservator
Archives and Special Collections