Subject: Call for participants--AIC Book and Paper Group tips session

Call for participants--AIC Book and Paper Group tips session

From: Sarah Reidell <sarah.reidell<-at->
Date: Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Call for participants
BPG "Tips session" 2013

The Book and Paper Group is planning to host an engaging,
informative, and practical TIPS SESSION as part of the 2013 BPG
program at the AIC annual meeting in Indianapolis. We invite
contributors and guests from BPG and all AIC Specialty Groups to
participate.

Share tips with your friends and colleagues about your discoveries,
favorite tools, advice, techniques, and lessons learned. Tips can
relate to treatment, documentation, lab/studio set-up, research, or
any other aspect of your work as a conservator of book and paper
materials. Here are a few ideas to jumpstart your creative engines:

    Tell us about a new technique, tool, or material you've been
    using for treatments

    Describe how you customized lab equipment with some elbow grease
    and dollar store supplies

    Tell us about a vendor you've discovered for hard-to-find
    gadgets

    Share your documentation tips for managing large projects

    Tell us about your creative solution to a problem

    Talk about treatments that didn't go as planned or have you
    stumped

Tips will be short and sweet (about five minutes each) and, most
importantly, informal--a few Powerpoint slides, a handout, or a few
quick words--so there's very little pressure. Your BPG friends and
colleagues want to hear from you/

Curious? Want to participate? Even just *thinking* about
participating? Please let me know by September 10, 2012 so I can
gauge interest.

Sarah Reidell
Program Chair, Book and Paper Group
Barbara Goldsmith Preservation Division