Subject: Exhibition on 3D technology

Exhibition on 3D technology

From: Corinna Hattersley-Mitchell <c.hattersley-mitchell<-at->
Date: Thursday, August 2, 2012
3D-COFORM Summer Exhibition
"Reshaping History: A Future for our Past"

Some of the world's most famous museums, housing our most precious
cultural treasures, are at the cutting edge of 3D technology
innovation. Come and see how this is helping us re-discover the
hidden secrets of our past.  From the ancient Egyptian temple of Abu
Simbel to Michelangelo's David; a fifteenth century Italian statue
destroyed by an earthquake to the intricate detailing on medieval
coins, this exhibition travels the world to bring you the latest in
scientific innovation in the heritage sector.

We would like to invite you to attend our free summer exhibition and
seminar series.

The exhibition opened on 27 July 2012 and runs until 25 August 2012
and we very much hope that you will be able to come.

You can book to attend the seminars by visiting the exhibition
website here: <URL:http://exhibition.3d-coform.eu>

As part of the exhibition we have the prototype of a MultiView Dome
built at the University of Bonn who are one of our project partners.
This is used to scan objects and create 3D models of them.

This has been used to create some of the models in the exhibition
and we are delighted to say that we have managed to get it to
Brighton for 6 weeks (from the week commencing 16 July 201) so that
we can invite our friends and contacts in museums and other cultural
heritage organisations to bring artefacts in for scanning to see
what the results are.

There is no charge to you for using the MultiView Dome and we think
this would be a fantastic opportunity to use state-of-the art
equipment that is not usually available and to see what the
opportunities might be for museums large and small.

The MultiView Dome will be operational until 24 August 2012
(weekdays only).

As we will need to timetable in the scanning processes, we are
setting up a booking system to ensure that we can make maximum use
of the Dome and manage the time effectively.

Once we have a sense of how many people are interested we will take
bookings, so do please let me know soonest if this is of interest to
you or colleagues.

For more information, and to book an object in for a scan, please go

    <URL:http://exhibition.3d-coform.eu/multiviewdome>

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to get in contact
with me.

Corinna Hattersley-Mitchell
PA/Administrative Assistant to Prof David Arnold
Cultural Informatics Research Group
W108 Watts Building
University of Brighton
Brighton BN2 4GJ