Subject: Funori

Funori

From: Robert Proctor <wpfineart<-at->
Date: Wednesday, July 18, 2012
I recently made my first batch of Funori by cooking 1 gram in 100 mL
distilled water for several hours in a glass bain de marie. It was
then poured on mylar and allowed to dry. 0.1 gram of the dried
material was then redissolved in 10 mL distilled water and warmed in
a small bain de marie. After about 2 hours I noticed it had turned
an orange-pink color! Has anyone else seen this or have an
explanation? As one may imagine, I am hesitant to ever use funori
now.

Robert Proctor
Whitten and Proctor Fine Art Conservation
1236 Studewood Street
Housto, TX 77008
713-426-0191 (phone/fax)

                  Distributed: Saturday, July 21, 2012