Subject: Storing Plastazote

Storing Plastazote

From: Christina Rozeik <cryr2<-at->
Date: Thursday, July 12, 2012
We are in the process of rearranging our museum storage area and I
am looking for ways to house our stocks of sheet materials like
Plastazote, Ethafoam or acid free tissue.

The largest sheets we have are about 100cm x 80cm, so we have been
looking at deep cupboards and A0 plan chests, but these are very
expensive. Ideally, we would like something that will fit underneath
a workbench and can be moved around (e.g. on castors).  How do other
conservators store these materials so they are kept clean and
readily accessible?

Christina Rozeik ACR
Conservator
Scott Polar Research Institute