Subject: Exhibiting posters

Exhibiting posters

From: Melina Avery <melinaavery<-at->
Date: Tuesday, July 3, 2012
>Mirta Pavic <mirta.pavic [at] msu__hr> writes
>
>I would need help regarding exhibiting (vertically) an original
>print from the 70s composed of 6 separate pieces.  It is printed on
>paper, dimensions of each piece are approximately 100 x 70 cm and of
>the entire art work when put together 232 x 225 cm.
>We made tests with Japanese paper stripes and tylose glue on the
>back trying to assemble the pieces together, but it didn't work well
>because paper got partially waved. It should not be framed or
>pierced with nails, of course. Does anyone have any experience in
>resolving this hanging issue?

I suggest trying magnets, which I've seen used very successfully to
hang posters and other large, flat works on paper. You can try using
the small but very strong rare earth magnets, which are pretty
widely available

    <URL:http://www.rare-earth-magnets.com>

They can be separated from the work with Mylar tabs or covered in
paper for a different look. If they are covered in toned paper to
match the artwork, you can hardly see them. The backing board can
have recessed magnets placed appropriately, or it can be magnetic
overall.

    **** Moderator's comments: This topic has been discussed in the
    DistList before. See the archives
    <http://cool.conservation-us.org/byform/mailing-lists/cdl/>