Subject: Exhibiting posters

Exhibiting posters

From: Mirta Pavic <mirta.pavic<-at->
Date: Friday, June 29, 2012
I would need help regarding exhibiting (vertically) an original
print from the 70s composed of 6 separate pieces.  It is printed on
paper, dimensions of each piece are approximately 100 x 70 cm and of
the entire art work when put together 232 x 225 cm. The print is
traveling from Zagreb, Croatia to the exhibition in Paris.

We made tests with Japanese paper stripes and tylose glue on the
back trying to assemble the pieces together, but it didn't work well
because paper got partially waved. It should not be framed or
pierced with nails, of course. Does anyone have any experience in
resolving this hanging issue?

Mirta Pavic
mirta pavic
Conservator-restorer