Subject: Historic food collections

Historic food collections

From: Matthew Blake <matthew.f.blake<-at->
Date: Friday, June 22, 2012
I am a Masters student studying the Conservation of Historic Objects
at the University of Lincoln.  For my dissertation I am researching
food based materials in museum collections.  I was hoping that
people could make suggestions on problems they have faced in their
collections, current techniques that they employ, and policies they
have on donations of food based materials.  Anything would help and
I would be happy to hear any replies no matter how strange!

    **** Moderator's comments: For previous discussion of this
    subject see Conservation DistList Instance: 21:4 Friday, May 11,
    2007

Matthew Blake
MA Conservation of Historic Objects
University of Lincoln