Subject: Scholarship in heritage science

Scholarship in heritage science

From: Constantina Vlachou <constantina.vlachou<-at->
Date: Friday, June 8, 2012
Scholarship
Historic Royal Palaces Heritage Science

Master of Research in Heritage Science
UCL Centre for Sustainable Heritage
University College London

UCL Centre for Sustainable Heritage is offering a scholarship,
funded by Historic Royal Palaces, which is open to students accepted
onto the UCL MRes in Heritage Science.  This will involve spending
16 months with the HRP Conservation and Collection Care department
over the two-year part-time MRes academic course, developing skills
in the area of heritage science research. The scholarship covers the
course fees for a UK/EU student and a stipend of UKP10,000 a year
for living expenses. Having completed the course, the graduate will
be expected to seek employment in the UK in the first instance. We
are seeking an individual who

    Plans to make a career in the UK heritage sector

    Has strong intellectual abilities proven with the achievement of
    a good first degree

    Has a passion for history and for communicating conservation and
    heritage science to the public

To apply for the scholarship, candidates must have received a letter
with an unconditional offer to enroll part-time on the MRes Heritage
Science course by 15 August 2012, and to have submitted the UCL HRP
Studentship Application Form by the same date.

Closing date for applications for the HRP Heritage Science
Scholarship is 15 August 2012.

For more details and to apply, please see

    <URL:http://www.bartlett.ucl.ac.uk/graduate/csh/learn/scholarships-funding/hrp>

HRP is committed to building an organisation that truly values the
differences in people.  We are an equal opportunities employer and
truly value a diverse workforce.  Applications are welcome from
candidates regardless of their background and we particularly
encourage applicants from black, Asian and minority ethnic
(BAME)candidates, as these groups are currently under-represented in
our workforce. If you are shortlisted you will be invited to an
interview at Hampton Court Palace.

For further information, please contact

    Kate Frame
    Head of Conservation and Collection Care
    Historic Royal Palaces
    kate.frame<-at->hrp<.>org<.>uk

or

    MRes Heritage Science Course Director