Subject: Job descriptions for digital librarian positions

Job descriptions for digital librarian positions

From: Roberta Pilette <roberta.pilette<-at->
Date: Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Yale is looking into creating a position in the Library responsible
for digital preservation, that is, the preservation of the bits and
bytes regardless of where they originated.  The position will deal
with born digital as well as analog materials that have been
digitized/scanned.

We are in the process of creating a draft job description so I am
really interested in seeing job descriptions from those institutions
that have such a position in place.  We are also looking at where
that position lives.  Is it part of the preservation dept, IT, or
some other dept or unit?

If any museums have such a position, I would be most appreciative of
any information regarding such positions.

Bobbie Pilette
Director, Preservation Dept
Yale University Library

                  Distributed: Thursday, May 31, 2012