Subject: Oddy test results for felt

Oddy test results for felt

From: Lindsey Tyne <ltyne<-at->
Date: Thursday, May 24, 2012
A curator has recently asked if felt (wool or synthetic) can be used
inside exhibition cases. We Oddy test all materials prior to
installation in our exhibition cases and we will carry out tests on
a variety of felt options. Has anyone used the Oddy test to assess
felt for use in exhibition cases? If so, what were the results?

Lindsey Tyne
Assistant Paper Conservator
Thaw Conservation Center
The Morgan Library and Museum