Subject: Position at Bern University of Arts

Position at Bern University of Arts

From: Ann N'Gadi <ngadia<-at->
Date: Monday, April 30, 2012
PhD Student Position in Chemistry/Materials Sciences
Bern University of Arts

The group "New techniques for Ancient Materials" is a newly
established professorship led by Prof. Claire Gervais (from March
2012) funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF) and
based at the Bern University of the Arts (Hochschule der Kunste,
Bern), in collaboration with the Department of Chemistry and
Biochemistry of the University of Bern. The group is dedicated to
the study of physico-chemical processes in ancient materials and
cultural heritage objects, by means of synchrotron and simulation
techniques.

The Bern University of Arts (BUA) unites a multitude of artistic
disciplines while developing interdisciplinary perspectives in
teaching and research. It offers regular BA and MA courses and
further education diplomas in art, design, conservation and
restoration as well as music, opera, theatre and literature.

We are seeking a Ph.D. student to join our team and study the role
of the substrate in light- and anoxia-induced fading of Prussian
blue artefacts by means of synchrotron techniques.

For more information, please go to

    <URL:http://www.gervaislab.ch/Data/PhDPosition_1.pdf>

                   Distributed: Saturday, May 5, 2012