Subject: Strength of boxes constructed of corrugated board

Strength of boxes constructed of corrugated board

From: Anna Buelow <anna.buelow<-at->
Date: Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Does anyone have experience with specifying minimum stacking
strength of boxes made of corrugated board? I understand the most
common test used today is the edge-crush test (ECT), possibly
together with the Mullen test, but I have not seen this
specification used within an archive/library context and would like
to know if someone has used these specifications in order to achieve
a minimum standard for (stacking) strength.

Dr Anna Bulow ACR
Head of Preservation
Department of Collection Care
The National Archives