Subject: Scale and algae control systems in fountains

Scale and algae control systems in fountains

From: Mark Vine <markgvine<-at->
Date: Friday, May 4, 2012
Amy McKune <amckune [at] eiteljorg__com> writes

>We have an outdoor fountain with four bronze Whitetail deer and
>reeds. This is an iconic work of art in downtown Indianapolis and we
>are under great pressure to have the fountain operate as much of the
>year as possible.  Each year, we struggle with two issues.
>
>1. The fountain deposits scale on the bronze. ...

>>2. A great deal of algae builds up in the pond. ...

Have considered the application of a thin layer of Renaissance Wax,
a microcrystalline wax, to the four bronze sculptures? Renaissance
Wax has been used for well over two decades to provide environmental
protection of art forms both indoors and outdoors.

Mark Vine
Retired
Formerly Managing Director of Conservation Resources

                   Distributed: Saturday, May 5, 2012