Subject: Conference on Munch

Conference on Munch

From: Noelle Streeton <n.l.w.streeton<-at->
Date: Friday, March 30, 2012
Conference
"Public paintings by Edvard Munch and his contemporaries: Change and
    conservation challenges:
University of Oslo (UiO)
28-30 June 2013.

Conservation Studies at the University of Oslo (UiO) will celebrate
the 150th anniversary of the birth of Edvard Munch (1863-1944) by
hosting an international conference.

'Public paintings by Edvard Munch and his contemporaries. Change and
conservation challenges' will be held in UiO's festival hall (the
Aula) in the middle of Oslo, 28-30 June 2013. Our aim is to focus on
preservation problems, challenges and possible solutions in relation
to cleaning, structural treatment and display. Postprints are
planned for 2014.

The scientific committee will include: Tine Froysaker, Noelle
Streeton, Hartmut Kutzke (all UiO), Biljana Topalova-Casadiego (The
Munch Museum) and Francoise Hanssen-Bauer (The National Museum of
Art, Architecture and Design).

Please see our web-page for developments and information:

    <URL:http://www.hf.uio.no/iakh/english/research/projects/aula-project/munch2013>

                   Distributed: Monday, April 2, 2012